Tuesday 2 February 2010

BTO Training Day

Hello everyone,

I have been asked to circulate this information about the latest BTO training day. Those of you who attended it last year will remember it as a very enjoyable and informative experience. I hope those who missed it will take the opportunity to go this time.

I will not be around during Feb as I will be in warmer climes. Fortunately the weather cleared up enough to get out to visit my tetrads for the winter Atlas. I hope you are all finding the combination of time and weather to complete the winter recordings.

I asked Dawn about Roving Records for birds seen in unlikely habitats during the really cold spell. We had lapwings in the middle of Aberystwyth. She says just record what you see. Periods like this are normal and there was a very similar spell during the last Atlas. The can cope with it.

I am still pleading for roving records and tetrads if possible for the South of the County.

Moira


Please look under "News & Events" for full details.