Monday 20 December 2010

ABERYSTWYTH

I went down to town to get some supplies just in case the snow gets worse and while I was there walked along the prom between the castle and pier and saw quite a good selection of birds: 15 Canada Geese flew low over the castle and then south over the sea; 50 or so geese, possibly Barnacles flew south over the sea and later I had a good view of 47 Barnacle Gese flying south; a Kingfisher was on castle rocks and 12 Wigeon just offshore; a Little Grebe was just off the beach by the pier; 25 Lapwings circled over the rocks before flying south and I was sure I heard a bit of a Black Redstart song coming from College rocks and then a male came up onto the edge of the prom and it had a bright silver ring on one of its legs. It then flew to the castle but not before I got a shot with my little compact camera.
I then returned to the snowy wastes of Trisant, with some difficulty even in a Land Rover (but I should have enough wine supplies this time!)