Tuesday 28 December 2010

Re: Harbour Residents

Following the big thaw the temporary lake that has appeared in the field at the bottom of my garden was quickly occupied by a male Goosander looking very smart if not a bit lonely. Other regular visitors to the feeders in the garden have included a couple of Brambling numerous Goldfinches but only one solitary Greenfinch. Around Aberystwyth Harbour 'Muffin walking' on the flats side Sunday a seal was cruising around I thought it was one of the otters until I spotted the huge nostrils and big eyes today there was a very tame Cormorant sitting on the rocks near the pavement I tried my best impression of a china man hoping the bird might hop on my arm and do some fishing for me; no luck, Muffin showed her usual valour barking from behind my legs I must learn some mandarin in the New Year! Congrats to Elfyn Pugh for a very funny post :-)

Tony Clark

Bow Street