Saturday 4 July 2015

Ynyslas

Very disappointing weather this morning, there was none of the sunshine promised by the forecasters, instead I tromped around Borth and Ynyslas in drizzle.  First stop was the cliff-top road at Upper Borth from where I looked down on a steady parade of Manx Shearwaters and Gannets - not vast numbers - maybe a couple of hundred Manxies and 30/35 Gannets.  Next I stopped by the toilet block from where I was able to see roughly the same numbers of the same species, but closer to the shore. 
I didn't see anything of interest during my stroll from the beach car-park to the posts and back.
The field beside the Leri Boatyard was being ploughed when I arrived.  There were about 50 or 60 gulls following the plough, a mixed flock of Herring, Black-headed and at least 5 Meds. 
I decided to give up and come home to bake some bread.  If the weather does improve I'll try again later...

Bob Relph