Monday 24 August 2015

Ladybirder exclusive offer to Ceredigion Birders

Hello all. Did you know that Ladybirder now offers trips to The Gambia for couples? Following sound business advice, I have revised my female-only trips to offer one week holidays for couples. Retaining the small-group theme, each holiday will be offered to one couple so they get a fully tailored trip with me as their bird guide. Let me tell you more....

The holiday package includes;

A Tuesday return flight from Birmingham International (excluding Christmas and New Year). You choose any Tuesday in November, December or January, all excellent months for birding, and I will arrange the flights. Baggage up to 20kg per person included. 

One week B&B accommodation at the award-winning Footsteps Eco-Lodge in Gunjur, near the Senegal border. This fantastic Lodge is like a second home to me and a better base for trips would be very difficult to imagine. The food is amazing and you will be welcomed as family by the staff. 

A fully tailored itinerary - you decide the destinations. 6 days of birding trips to well-researched sites in the coastal Gambia area. A trip upriver would be no problem but it would involve an extra charge - let's talk about it...

If birding is not a passion of one of you, Footsteps has a fantastic range of activities to suit all tastes - yoga, massage, batik courses, sea fishing..... and if you fancy a trip to Banjiul, the capital or a morning or afternoon or two as a couple, to visit other cultural sites, this could be built in to the itinerary too.

Airport transfers, travel costs, permits and entry fees are included in the package.


All you need to arrange is comprehensive travel insurance, getting to and from the airport and malaria tablets. 

I will be spending the winter months with my husband and family so it would be a pleasure if you could join me. As part of the offer, I will send you a DVD of "Birds of the Gambia" by Dave Gosney to give you a taster of some of the places we could visit and I could come see you in person to discuss the trip and your requirements in detail.

Phew, what a lot of chat. So how much will all this fun and excitement cost? As an exclusive offer to Ceredigion  Birders (and friends of, of course) this whole package is available, for two people, for £1950. Yes, that is for two of you! For a week in a tropical, sunny paradise...

If you are interested, visit my webpage ladybirder.co.uk for more details; email me ladybirdergambia@gmail.com and let's start planning your fantastic holiday.


I really hope to hear from you very soon

Caroline (Ladybirder) de Carle x