Monday 31 August 2015

New Quay boat trip

 I went on one of the Dolphin spotting trips yesterday (Saturday) at New Quay, as it always is with me there were no Dolphins. But I did spot 3 Arctic Skuas (distant) (1 pale + 2 dark form), 1 Kittiwake (flew over boat), 1 2nd summer Med Gull (flew over boat), 1 Juv Peregrine (along cliffs), 20c Fulmar (most were soaring along the cliffs) 30c Shag/Cormorant (most on rocks), 50+ Sandwich Tern (Most were out at sea being harassed by 1 dark phase Arctic Skua), 15c Gannet (distant) and NO Manx Shearwater!!! Which seems very odd as earlier in the day I went down to Borth and had 500+(distant) all flying north, along with 30c Gannet and 1 possible Pomarine Skua. If you do go on the Dolphin Spotting trips I really don't recommend you being at the back!

from Elliot Montieth