Tuesday 11 October 2016

Mercy

52 years old? Never seen a Yellow-browed Warbler? Feel like you never will? Don't give up hope! I've just seen my first at Coed y Bont and I recommend this as a place to look as two were trapped there the other day. The paths around the birch scrub and pools are flat, short and accessible. If not familiar with this site; go to Pontrhydfendigaid and turn down the Strata Florida road. Just past the last house there is a visitor car park with info. boards on the right. My view was brief (next to the closest pool), just seconds, and it called a couple of times. Willow Tit also present. Approx. 100 Redwing flew over in small groups, some of which contained Mistle and Song Thrushes too. On my way home I called in at Cors Caron. At the first right-hander on the boardwalk I was watching a couple of Goldcrests and a Willow Tit with a very distinct wing panel. Another bird joined them. Blimey. Another YBW. Much closer and more prolonged views, looking sharp and bright compared to the Goldcrests.