Sunday 21 April 2024

Goose paranoia

 It seems to me that there are a lot more Canada Geese about this year. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this? They seem to be everywhere I go. Perhaps it's the same few following me around?

Last year somebody told me that they had seen a colony of terns on Llyn Fyrddon Fawr which lies at 520m asl above Ffair Rhos. Since, as far as I am aware, terns have never bred anywhere in the county, this seemed unlikely, but I thought that BH Gull was quite possible. Had a lovely walk up there this morning, but no gulls, just 6 Tufted Ducks, a few Wheatears and of course 4 Canada Geese.

On my way home, I couldn't locate the Spotted Redshanks at Cors Caron but did see the Marsh Harrier. Also present; Redshank, Curlew, Snipe, Lapwing, Little Egret, Cuckoo, Grasshopper Warbler, Goosander and a few Canada Geese. Or maybe just the same ones?