Wednesday 15 March 2017

Field Trip update to Coed y Foel, Llandysul

There's good news and bad news. The bad news is that the weather looks wet and windy for Sunday. The good news is that I drove over there this morning and found a female Lesser Spotted Woodpecker. It was in the reserve, not too far from the car park. I tentatively picked it up from it's call and after some time eventually got some reasonable views. If there was a male about, I wasn't able to see it. Also, a pair of Marsh Tits were present. Shall we press on regardless of the weather forecast? For anyone who lives not too far away I could at least show you some places to visit in their own time in nicer conditions. Let me know what you think if you were planning on going. Job shares would be good if possible. If anyone is coming through LLangybi I could meet them there and give them a lift.