Saturday 28 January 2023

Thursday in Aberystwyth

 I treated myself to a day at the seaside (Aberystwyth) on Thursday. Arriving about high tide I found four purple sandpipers at the usual place - one must have gone awol. At last I got to grips with the black redstart on Old College; she was very active round the back of the building. One of the local robins seemed threatened by the redstart when it came down close to ground level, which it did several times, even disappearing under parked cars! At that point the tide was too high for the kingfisher and when I returned about an hour later discovered that it had been and gone. I then spent about an hour photographing the turnstones under the pier. Although it wasn't a classic sunset the starlings still looked good against the sky.


In the evening the launch of Jasmine Donahaye's book "Birdsplaining" was very interesting. I'm looking forward to reading the book. It was good to meet Harry there. 



Jerry Moore