Friday 24 September 2010

crumble and custard

Every now and then I feel that I'd like to tell those who contribute to the blog how much I enjoy reading about their sightings, looking at their pictures and contemplating their snippets of information. For example, I was struck by the note about the Sedge Warbler that increased from 13.5g to 15.6g between Saturday and Wednesday. I figure this would be the equivalent of me scoffing enough crumble and custard between today and the middle of next week in order to increase my weight by a couple of stone in just four days. Or perhaps, do Sedge Warblers undergo a metabolic transformation that enables them to process what they eat more effectively or differently, rather than them actually eating more? I'm not really sure.
This morning at Llanrhystud with a more northerly breeze blowing there was no visible sign of any migration but a few things about anyhow. Mediterranean Gull4, White Wagtail3 Chiffchaff2, Wheatear1, Common Scoter1, Turnstone17