Tuesday 26 May 2015

Rheidol Valley Cuckoo

At last !not far from the butterfly house the sound we are all hoping to hear during the next few weeks.As I was riding my bicycle,it was very clear and persistent at  about lunchtime! As luck had it I had a few coins on me and managed to turn them over without dismounting for luck! Well I didn't fall off so it must be true!
I'm sure that I'm not alone with gardens coming alive with feeding adults and fledglings.The very young Ravens are still practicing their flying with lots of flapping and jumping on the ground.They are being closely monitored and mentored by a  tireless parent,even attacking a large Kite and bringing it down when it dared to come too close.The house martins are very slow nest builders and according to my neighbour there are nests being built everywhere!

from Lis Collison