Monday 3 October 2016

Colour-ringed Dunlin at Ynyslas

Hi Edward,

the colour-ringed Dunlin you saw this morning was one I had ringed there the previous night. It was one of 65 Dunlin I ringed that evening along with 4 Knot, 2 Curlew Sandpipers, I Grey Plover and a Ringed Plover. There were a good number of birds present at that nocturnal high tide but last night was a very different story - hardly a bird present (although I did see the Little Stint, 2 Grey Plover, 20 odd Curlews and a Short-eared Owl). I would guess that most had moved south in the good weather.


The tern too is probably one that I will have ringed there some time in the past 4 years but without the 3-digit code engraved on the ring I am afraid I can't tell you anything more than that.

Any future sightings can be reported to me via the comments section of our Ruffled Feathers blog www.midwalesringers.blogspot.com and I will let you know what I can about their history.

Incidentally I heard my first Redwing of the autumn flying over last night too.