Friday 28 October 2016

Cross Inn shrike

It is interesting that a juvenile shrike (that explains why I thought it seemed a bit different when I first saw it) should now come to exactly the same patch as we have had a shrike before. There are a lot of locations in Cross Inn woods which seem just as suitable but this patch seems to be very popular. Perhaps it does have some features which makes it particularly appealing. At a long stretch of the imagination perhaps it came across with its Mum/Dad who told it to "Stay there while I go and find somewhere else a bit further North in the county!"

I'll try to get to the far end of the woods more often to see if any others are around. There was one year when I suspected that there might be two (one at each end of the woods) but couldn't guarantee that it hadn't just flown across to tease me.