Saturday 12 November 2016

Sightings from Matt Potter

A male Brambling on the feeders in the garden on the morning of 4th November.

On 5th November there were three Whooper Swans on Pond Yr Oerfa plus three Teal. There were also three on Llyn Pendam too.
Following Fridays probable sighting of a shrike I took a walk from pendam towards Syfydrin and in the new clear fell to the right was a Great Grey Shrike. I continued to walk towards Syfydrin and interestingly the bird flew in front of me towards Syfydrin up until the final bit of track to the lake where I lost it. I assume it's the same Bird that has been seen there.
Onto Penycefn and the four Whoopers were still there.
Off Borth there were a few large feeding frenzies containing hundreds of gulls and auks and I picked up a Red Throated Diver.

Matt sent these sightings to me last week but his email didn't reach me.  
Can I repeat what I've said before.  Please don't use the link on the Sightings page of the blog to send me your sightings.  My email address on there is correct but the link doesn't work; it cuts out the 947.
Just send emails in the usual fashion.

Thanks very much.