Thursday 29 April 2021

Aberleri Fields to Ynyslas

 I started my walk this morning on the path over the railway crossing by the Golf House at Borth. . 6 Sandwich Terns were heading north on the sea as I got out of the car. Once over the railway crossing the Sedge Warblers were numerous and conspicuous. A Grasshopper Warbler was reeling next to the track and eventually showed, and another was further away. A Snipe was drumming overhead and Whitethroats were displaying in songflights.

Then on to The Brickhouse where I saw 5 Red-throated Divers. From there walked straight down the Ynys Tachwedd track where I saw 20 Whimbrel and 3 Barwits in the fields, Wheatears everywhere, another singing Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat and a smart Whinchat on the fence line.

Finished off at Ynyslas as the tide was receding. Hundreds of Dunlin and Ringed Plover, more Barwits, 5 Knot, 2 in summer plumage and a Curlew Sandpiper also in Summer Plumage.
Whinchat


Martin Creasser